Build Better SEO Links
What are SEO links, also known as backlinks, and how do you get them?
SEO links are links that point back to your website. This could be a link from a manufacturer’s web page that lists all the retailers who sell their products or a link in a news article. Links to your site is one of the criteria a search engine uses to rank the pages of your website.
When it comes to links it’s not just about quantity, but also about quality. People who use such things as link farms risk getting delisted by the search engines. A link farm is a group of websites that are unrelated and link to other unrelated sites. Search engines thrive on providing links to information that people are searching for, and link farms disrupt this service hence the need to delist sites that use them.
Building quality links is actually easier than you think. Here are some good ways to build links:
- Ask the distributors and manufacturers you do business with to list you as a retailer on their website.
- Write a press release about a new product or service you have.
- Reciprocating links – ask a non-competing site that has relevance to your products and services to add your link to their site and you will do the same for them. This is not as valued as one-way links, but they still have some good value.
- Use social media sites. Use Facebook and Twitter to get more links to your site, just don’t post nonsense 10 times a day (You know who you are!). Post things that are relevant to your business and industry. Things that have true meaning and value to people who will read it.
- Answer questions on blogs or forums. This will not only be helpful to the person who asked the question, but can get your links posted. Just add your link after or below your name in the post. Again, don’t be one of those annoying people who post a response promoting their business and don’t really answer the question. That will get you blocked from a site fairly quickly.
At Gozooko, the customer always comes first. Our lines of products are customer driven, and our goal is to meet your needs and to help your business grow. As always we welcome your comments and suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you. GozookoGuys@gozooko.com