Business & Technology for Lingerie Retailers

by the Gozooko Guys
gozookoguys@gozooko.com

We would like to start off with saying how pleased the Gozooko Guys are to be a part of the Lingerie Journal advisory board! We are looking forward to sharing our years of knowledge and experience in business and technology, as well as providing answers and advice to those of you who send us questions. So don’t be shy. Let us know what’s on your mind!

Business and technology, the two have irrevocably merged. There is no going back. You simply don’t have one without the other. If you think otherwise, please let us know what technology void black hole you live in because we might want to consider vacationing there to totally disconnect.

The key to all technology in business is learning how to most efficiently and effectively use it to run and enhance your business. This is easier said than done.

There are many choices out there today, along with many people who are looking to take advantage of you. We hear often hear stories from people who gave someone $10,000’s of dollars and have nothing to show for it.

Here are few tips to help you get what you want and not get taken advantage of:

  • First start with making a list of all the features/functions you want to have making sure you categorize them into “Must Have”, “Nice to Have”, and “If I could have anything I wanted…”. Focus mostly on the “Must Have” list as this is what makes or breaks your business and ensures you get a good return on your IT investment. Make sure you are realistic with your”Must Have” category, and not really confusing them with the “If I could have anything I wanted…” category because the “If I could have anything I wanted” category is always EXPENSIVE.
  • If someone tells you they have to build the entire technical solution from the ground up and you are in the Lingerie business, you need walk away or hang up the phone. Because you are going to get taken. There are a lot of good IT solutions out there that can be updated and adapted to your business. The only the look and feel should be custom, and maybe a few custom features. If we are talking ecommerce the answer is even easier. There is no need to build an ecommerce/shopping cart from the ground up, yet we see people paying to have this done all the time. Gozooko has a great ecommerce solution with wonderful features, but there are other good solutions out there as well, you just have to find the one which is right for you. The only companies this rule might not apply to are very large cutting edge organizations that have some very unique needs, and have a lot of money to spend.
  • Use the 80/20 rule when evaluating IT solutions, ecommerce or otherwise. Look for an IT solution that accomplishes at least 80% of what you want, evaluating how critical the other 20% it does not address really is, as well as how much it will cost to close the 20% gap. This is important because it is rare that we find an IT solution that meetings 100% of our needs, but we can usually find one that comes very close.

If you are spending a considerable amount of money it may be worth consulting a professional and getting their advice. Spend a little now, save a lot later.

At Gozooko, the customer always comes first. Our lines of products are customer driven, and our goal is to meet your needs and to help your business grow. As always we welcome your comments and suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you. GozookoGuys@gozooko.com and www.gozooko.com

Comments are closed.

Find TLJ on Social Media

Archives