Internet Security and Your Lingerie Business
Epsilon – If you think it can’t happen to you
You probably didn’t know who Epsilon was a few of weeks ago, I bet you do now. Most everyone we know received at least one email regarding the data breach, which compromised their personal data. Epsilon manages customer and business data for over 2,500 clients such as Capital One, American Express, Target, Best Buy, Citibank, and Walgreens.
The Gozooko Guys personally received 13 emails from various entities we do business with regarding this data breach. This is not the first time this has happened at Epsilon. It is obvious they haven’t learned from their previous experiences.
There simply is no reason for this to happen as many times as it has to the same company.
Here are some questions you might want to ask your IT solution provider to see how well your systems are secured:
– Is my system behind a firewall? (Yes)
– Do you use multi-tier or multi-zone architecture? (Yes)
– Are the minimum number of ports open on my system? (Yes)
– What ports are open and accessible? (This will depend upon what your system is doing, but ports 80, 443, and 22, are typical for a web solution)
– Do you audit the log files? (Yes)
– Is my system in a locked cage? (Yes)
– Is my system in locked room/facility? (Yes)
– Is the site physically guarded? (Yes)
– Does the site have 24 x 7 surveillance? (Yes)
This is just the short list of things to look for, especially if your site takes payments and you need to be PCI compliant. So just don’t assume your IT solution provider is doing the right thing, ask them.
At Gozooko, we put a lot of time and money into protecting our customer’s personal data, as well as our customer’s customer data. One data breach is one too many in our eyes. Our Gozooko solutions have multiple layers of protection to ensure our customers can have peace of mind. As always we welcome your comments and suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you. GozookoGuys@gozooko.com