Above: NuBra’s Seamless Push-Up, style #SE998. Available in: DD/E cup.
by Jean Criss, Contributing Writer and Designer/Founder of the CRISSCROSS™ collection.
“Support and Confidence.”
Isn’t that what a woman wants in a strapless bra today? Luckily, brands like NuBra, Fashion Forms and others ensure women everywhere that strapless bras won’t slip away in seconds thanks to their innovative designs and styles.
Their latest Spring Collections were rolled out at CURVENY earlier this month for visiting buyers and press. Scroll down to learn more about some of the top trending styles in this important category:
Above: NuBra 3D Underwire in nude size A to D cup. Contoured silicone gel cups for a more natural fit. Built-in under wire for extra shaping and support.
• Revolutionary NuBra 3D gel bra cups, seamless, built-in with Underwire (yes, amazing!) for more cleavage and support. Available in nude.
• An extra collection of stylish and chic seamless NuBra combo wing bras in nude, leopard, black and many bright colors, offering discrete support with a more elegant touch in the complete Aphrodite exquisite collection.
Above: NuBra offerings. Photo by Jean Criss.
• A silicon push-up bra engineered for maximum lift also by NuBra . Combo wing bra, medical adhesive is on all NuBra brands (a stellar concept!) Coming from someone who is allergic to all forms of adhesive tape, this brand was of particular interest to me as a consumer.
Above: Fashion Forms Go Bare Backless Strapless Bra with lace.
• A selection of Ultralite® Plunge and padded seamless push-up bras, adhesive and backless bras by Fashion Forms of Ventura, California. A very sexy black or nude Lace Ultimate Boost strapless bra which could fool anyone if you weren’t looking, you’d definitely think this one was a full body bra.
• An array of body sculpted, backless, strapless options, and go bare ultimate boost®, U-Plunge, Padded, Push-up and more styles by Fashion Forms.
Above: Fashion Forms product offerings at CURVENY. Photo by Jean Criss.
• The invisible adhesive bra in black or nude or the new ‘combo wing bra’, also a very popular design by many leading brands. The wing bra connects the two pieces together at the sternum and holds the bra in its place along with the adhesive – brilliant concept! This style was also extended by Maidenform, among others.
• A special cleansing pad called Skin-Prep also available and sold separately in packs of 50 by Smith & Nephew. Protective wipes are most effective between the tape and your skin. They reduce the risk of tape stripping. They help tape, film and appliance adhesion and also reduce friction. Pediatrician tested. And don’t forget good ole’ sudsy soap and water after each use with your new strapless, backless, adhesive bra. Your bra will last much longer if you take good care of them. Cleansers, travel cases and extenders are also sold by NuBra.
• Adhesive pasties, beach and swim pads and custom prosthetic gel inserts for post-surgical needs are also readily available by many of the brands noted above. Backless, strapless, reusable for all year round comfort! Now that’s what I’m looking for in a bra providing proper support and offering me confidence to go about my day.
So let’s Spring forward with backless, seamless adhesive bras wearing tops that bare our backs!