Top Ten Print Ideas for Fall/Winter 2012/13
Printsource New York, a US textile and surface design show, announced its list of the TOP TEN PRINT IDEAS FOR FALL/WINTER 2012/13.
The list, compiled by Claudia Brown and Jessie Whipple Vickery, of the Portland-based textile design and trend forecasting studio Pattern People, highlights some of the most directional print and pattern ideas for Fall/Winter 2012/13, both for the fashion and home textiles markets.
“Printsource provides the design community with a venue focused exclusively on surface design” said Massimo Iacoboni, CEO and Producer. “The show is a Mecca of creative inspiration, and its aim is to help companies develop directional products by bringing together textile and surface designers from all over the world under one roof” he added.
The Top Ten Print Ideas for Fall/Winter 2012/13 are:
1. Tapestry- Woven-looking dense designs in scenics, florals and ornamentals.
2. Painterly Stripes – An update to the hard-edged stripe of late, this hand drawn interpretation brings a softer look to the continuing trend.
3. Cross Stitch- Crafty-looking cross-stitch inspired by Eastern and Northern Europe.
4. Big Blooms – Larger than life florals make an impact in bold form.
5. The Silk Road – Asian ceramics and other artisan crafts influence this direction, which mixes traditions from China to Turkey.
6. Pre-War Prints – Tossed florals and conversational prints take on a decidedly late 30s/early 40s feel.
7. Go for Baroque – Ornamentation abounds in curls and swirls.
8. Indonesian Inspiration – Indonesian textile techniques such as batik, wood block and hand painting influence this direction.
9. Color Block – Bold and bright, there is no stopping the visual impact of this trend.
10. Opposites Attract – Opposing shapes and contrasting colors are paired to create optical vibrations.
Printsource’s next event will be held on August 1/2/3, 2011. As the hub for the world’s top creative talent, Printsource showcases hundreds of collections by international surface and textile design studios. The Show, held three times a year at 7 West 34th Street in New York City, is the main surface and textile design resource for thousands of apparel, paper goods and home textile manufacturers, retailers and catalogs.
LIST OF IMAGES
1. TAPESTRY – Artwork by: Jim Modiano Art and Design, USA
2. PAINTERLY STRIPES – Artwork by: PF Vintage, USA
3. CROSS STITCH – Artwork by: Paper and Cloth, UK
4. BIG BLOOMS – Artwork by: Bernini Studio, Italy
5. THE SILK ROAD – Artwork by: Design Works International, USA
6. PRE-WAR PRINTS – Artwork by: Marcie Designs, USA
7. GO FOR BAROQUE – Artwork by: European Textile Collection, USA
8. INDONESIAN INSPIRATION – Artwork by: K. Jenny Tyas, UK
9. COLOR BLOCK – Artwork by: White Riot, Australia
10. OPPOSITES ATTRACT – Artwork by: Treat and Company, USA